Position Available: Fabrication Draftsperson
Join Our Team
Position Opening -- Fabrication Draftsperson
Solid Light, Inc., located in Louisville, KY, designs and builds visitor experiences that connect people to stories and each other. From initial concept through final installation, our talented team of designers, writers, filmmakers, architects, fabricators, and project managers creates innovative solutions to fit any project.
We are aggressively seeking a Fabrication Draftsperson who possesses fundamental understanding of how things are built, as well as demonstrated ability to clearly instruct the fabrication process through CAD and/or hand drawings, ensuring our custom-built elements achieve design intent and uphold Solid Light's standards of excellence in quality.
Primary Job Functions:
- Produce accurate 3D models and drawings of components depicted in creative concepts by utilizing information from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and/or site visits.
- Produce technical drawings/plans for Solid Light's Director of Architecture and Fabrication Department.
- Produce standardized fabrication and installation documents for use by in-house and/or subcontractor fabrication efforts.
- Produce coordinated concepts/plans/illustrations through various project phases for internal Project Teams.
- Seamless integration with internal Project Team members and/or subcontractors in the production and alteration of drawings.
- Creative and critical thinking to support the Project Team in the design process, helping create sketches and drawings that work.
- Exhaustive and continual review of sketches/drawings for errors before being issued to architects, subcontractors, or Project Team members.
Specialized Skills and Abilities:
- Required proficiency in 3D modeling/rendering and relevant design software applications including:AutoCAD and Revit (highly preferred)
- SketchUp (highly preferred)
- Adobe Creative Cloud: PhotoShop, InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) preferred
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent work experience and training.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience drafting.
- Outstanding fluency and skill within the AutoCAD program preferred.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail in an environment with rapidly changing data.
- Accurate and timely completion of projects.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting in a fast-paced environment.
Physical & Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be capable of handling deadlines and short timelines to meet client requirements, often juggling multiple priorities.
- The working conditions are those that are typically found in an indoor office environment.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel domestically utilizing both automobile and airplane.
- Ability to understand questions and directions and follow through in a timely manner.
Solid Light provides a generous benefits package that enhances the entire compensation package.